This recipe isn’t particularly healthy, but spinach + artichoke + oooodles of cheese is too good not to share!
Spinach and Artichoke Mini Bread Bowls- Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
- 13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf (I used Simply Pillsbury)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 oz softened 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray. Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick. Press each slice into a 3 inch round and press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
Heat oil, spinach, artichoke and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes.
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic and artichoke, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a medium bowl until well combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the tops and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
10 mini spinach dip bread bowls